incubator-general mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki rename - choose your favorite!
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 21:46:47 GMT
The reasons were outlined here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/jsecurity-user@incubator.apache.org/msg00295.html

Also, there was enough concern by our mentors and others in the Incubator
that the name might conflict with a few 3rd party names.

Mostly though, without the 'J' in the name, we can pursue other language
support, such as Flex/ActionScript and C# bindings (which someone is working
on as we speak).  Fresh start, new name, all that good stuff...

If anyone else has other questions related to this, please start a new
thread so we don't derail this vote thread.  Thanks!

Regards,

Les