incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki rename - please submit suggestions!
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 00:35:47 GMT
Well, I was going to suggest:

Apache Jaysec

It is true to the original name, but sufficiently different not to
cause confusion.

However, in the Google results, I found posts saying they didn't like
JSec for the sound in the previous vote, which would have the same

It still might be worth considering, as it has such a low number of
hits on google (<1000), and the conflicts are all sufficiently
different that it shouldn't cause confusion:
- (only security related one, but it's CCTV).

Good luck!

On 20/05/2009, at 2:01 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi Apache Community.
> It seems as if our recently changed name of Apache Ki is not free from
> potential naming conflict problems, and we'll need to change our
> name again.
> So, we're reaching out to everyone and anyone who would like to
> contribute a
> new name to the suggestion pool.  Here's how the process will work:
> 1. All new names will be accepted by anyone for 1 week.  Starting now,
> ending 27 May 2009 Midnight GMT-8.
> 2. We'll present the compiled list of submitted names in a new email.
> Everyone will have 72 hours to vote on their favorite.
> 3. The top 5 names by vote count will be the finalists.
> 4. 72 more hours to vote to reduce the list to 2 final names.
> 5. 1 final 72 hour period to vote on one of these 2 names.  The name
> that
> wins by simple majority will be the new project name.
> Please ensure any name submission is free and clear to the best of
> your
> knowledge from any Trademarks or Patents by performing a search
> [1].  Also
> if you can get little or no results in Google and Yahoo, that would
> be a
> great candidate too.
> Name submission starts NOW.
> We look forward to all name suggestions, and we appreciate anyone
> who wishes
> to participate!
> Thanks so much,
> Les Hazlewood
> Apache JSecurity/Apache Ki/Apache ??? member
> [1]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message