incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Commons Incubator
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:06:47 GMT
2009/4/14 Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com>:
> Craig Russell wrote:
>
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> We agree!  We have several projects here that I believe belong in
>>> Commons!
>> For example, we have a great little project called Sanselan that is
>> "code complete" but has not attracted a big enough community to become
>> a TLP. Commons could be just the place for it.
>
> Sanselan was top of my list when I made my comment.  :-)  If Apache
> Commons and Sanselan are interested, that's an avenue I'd like to see
> pursued....

To clarify: do you mean Sanselan could "graduate" into Commons?
Commons adopts the Sanselan codebase and active committers, upon a
vote of the Incubator and in particular of the project's mentors.

Sounds like a plan to me: accept smallish projects into the incubator,
but give them the option to graduate to Commons instead of becoming a
full-blown project, if their community does not grow enough.

And projects too small for this should go directly to Commons,
starting with grants/patches which help their authors become
committers.

-Bertrand