incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Apache [project] included in Linux distributions
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 06:31:57 GMT
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Todd Volkert <tvolkert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone on this list have any experience with getting your project
> included in the major Linux distributions?  I'd like to position Pivot
> properly to ease our path toward inclusion in these distros.  Any
> insight would be appreciated!

+1

IMHO apache needs to be more active at getting it's corpus into the
distributions. for a long time, the Java Trap stuff was a major social
barrier but that should dead and gone now. (isn't it?)

community (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-community/)
might be a good place to re-ask  this question

- robert