incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons issues WAS RE: [PROPOSAL] Commons Incubator
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:34:26 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Jochen Wiedmann
> <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Commons is working *now*. Just as Jakarta was working once. But
>> Commons will most likely no longer work when it is growing too much.
>> And the things discussed here (making Commons the target of many new
>> subprojects, which aren't integrated into Commons, thus must likely
>> will never be) are clearly implying this danger. That's not about
>> external committers. It is about too many committers.
>
> Ah! I sure can relate to this, but isn't this a different issue altogether?

It possibly is, if my understanding of a "Commons Incubator" being
related to the Commons project is wrong.

> And in what sense would a "permanent commons incubation project" help with this?

It wouldn't. I am opposing such a project.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)