incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Shindig Incubator 1.0
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:07:35 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@sonatype.com> wrote:

>> Ok, I think we are in general agreement. Are you personally of the
>> opinion that -sources.jar are not adequate as formal ASF releases?
>
> They are not, they do not need to be, and they would be useless for the
> purpose they serve. As long as the main distributables (like these at
> http://apache.org/dist/maven/) are accompanied by a source distribution
> which can be built.

Excellent, then we are on the same page after all. I totally agree to
the usefulness of the -sources.jars, and that is not something I want
to remove... (I obviously need to improve my skills of understanding
how my communication can be interpreted and correct it to be less
ambiguous).

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer