incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: Is SVN considered a Release? (was: [VOTE] Release Apache Pivot 1.1 (second try))
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:02:34 GMT
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM, sebb <> wrote:

> Two extracts:
> 1) "Releases are, by definition, anything that is published beyond the
> group that owns it."
> 2 )"All releases are in the form of the source materials needed to
> make changes to the software being released."
> Point (2) definitely applies to SVN.
> I argue that (1) also applies to SVN, since the SVN URLs are generally
> published quite prominently on the web-sites in places where the
> public are expected to look.

I'll let you battle it out with those who put the system in place and
were teaching me how it was intended to work. I will crawl back under
my rock, and let ASF be taken over by process-obsessed people. Have

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer - New Energy for Java

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;

To unsubscribe, e-mail: