incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Commons Incubator
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 02:34:11 GMT
> Well, the point is: we are  talking about small libraries.

That's code.  What about community, Torsten?  What is the Community?  It has
been the Apache Commons as a collective, not sub-projects.  Is that to
change?  We do not want Apache Commons to turn into an umbrella, right?  We
need to keep that as a single community managing libraries of common
components.

> what about the 2 developers? Just make them committers while they
> have no clue about Apache? Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Keep in mind that Committers in the Incubator are not provisional.  The
projects are, but not the people.  We can definitely talk about incubating a
project before it moves into Apache Commons, especially larger ones.

	--- Noel