incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Lothian <nloth...@educationau.edu.au>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Apache SocialSite
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:26:01 GMT
I'm quite interested in this proposal - I think it's a good fit at Apache, and Dave has put
projects through the incubator before.

I'd like to highlight something that's made me a little hesitant about getting involved in
SocialSite earlier, though. As it stands now it's quite large, moderately complex codebase,
with a very, very small community. The commits mailing list shows Dave has been the only committer
active on it since January, and the dev list is also of correspondingly low volume.

In the "Reliance on Salaried Developers" the proposal says "Risk level: moderate. The community
includes members who are paid to work on the code and some who are not." What part of the
system are these paid developers working on?

Regards
  Nick Lothian
  nlothian@apache.org

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose
its contents to any other party. This email represents the views of the individual sender,
which do not necessarily reflect those of Education.au except where the sender expressly states
otherwise. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it
for viruses or any other defects. education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage
or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.