incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Incubator Proposal: Null - A cloud-aware Web 3.0 Container
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 06:47:29 GMT
I have some doubts at a couple of things, based on my presentation at
last ApacheCon:

 - Naming: null is a very popular name. Since wikipedia has the top
level google hit already, I suggest NullPointerException which has a
top position held by Sun, and which is much easier to be obtained
after the IBM takeover.

 - Perfect code: since null is such a concise language, the project is
already finished and will most likely fail to attract a large
developer community

There are also some omissions in the proposal, here are my proposed changes:

svn location: /dev/null
site location: /dev/null
graduation position: /dev/null

But given my doubts, I still think this non-podling is on the
fasttrack to graduation. I suspect it to graduate at the end of the
day. Which is a good thing, since then the podling doesn't have to
report.

Martijn

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> together with Bertrand Delacretaz, Carsten Ziegeler, and Jukka Zitting,
> I came up with a proposal to bring our cloud-aware Web 3.0 Container to
> Apache.
>
> You'll find all the details here:
>
>   http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NullProposal
>
> Now, currently we are looking for interested parties. So if you are
> interested in this proposal, please add your name to the wiki page.
>
> If anything is missing/unclear etc. let's discuss it :)
>
> Regards
> Felix
> fmeschbe(at)apache(dot)org

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released