incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Chabot <chab...@google.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Shindig Incubator 1.0
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 00:40:00 GMT
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:36 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> The *php* archive also has the COPYING and COMMITTERS files. The
> NOTICE file says 2008.

Those files are from the same source as the java archive, so when the new
archives are created they will be updated too.

> Not sure the .htaccess file belongs in it.

I am ... sure that it belongs that is :)

The java and php versions of shindig share the same javascript code
('features' in the project's terms) which depends on urls in the
/gadgets/ifr format and not /path/to/some/phpfile.php, mod_rewrite is the
only way to do that consistently, and a .htaccess in the web root is the
only way to make that work out of the box.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys,

   -- Chris