incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: PPMC Member list
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:48:54 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

On Apr 18, 2009, at 1:23 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Janne Jalkanen
> <janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>> ...Voting a new PPMC member guide at
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+PPMC+member
>>  says
>> that new PPMC members should be added to
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/incubator-info.txt
>> .
>> However, neither I nor the project mentors seem to be able to find
>> the file.
>>
>> Any clues as to what to do next?...
>
> I don't remember adding PPMC members to such a file in the podlings
> that I've been mentoring -

I do remember that file, and updating it with some podling ppmc members.

> my guess would be that we just stopped
> maintaining that file.

But I don't remember updating it recently. I think it fell into Noel's
category of "useless redundant information" that we're better without.
If the information is available in each podling's status page, there's
probably no good reason for it to be redundantly maintained elsewhere.
And it was likely out-of-date anyway...

Craig