incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Chemistry
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:33:22 GMT
2009/4/20 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>:
> As you may have noticed, a proposal for a new incubating project,
> tentatively called Apache Chemistry, is currently being prepared. See
> below for the full wiki source of the current status of the proposal.

No comments on the proposal, but I do have a comment on the name.

Coming from the academic sector my heart soared when I saw this name.
I thought there was a proposal that would be of interest to my target
domain. Obviously it doesn't have anything to do with Chemistry. I'm
not objecting to the name (I actually quite like it given what the
proposal is), but I do think it might cause some confusion.

Ross