incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Chemistry
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:09:47 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, looking deeper I found "Chemistry Development Kit", a Java
> project that already has a clear claim to the name so I guess we need
> to keep looking.

I contacted the Chemistry Development Kit people and asked [1] for
their feedback on the partial name overlap. They didn't seem too
concerned about the overlap (though the thread is still open).

On the Jackrabbit list quite a few of the developers expressed strong
preference for keeping the proposed name, and (as mentioned in my
earlier post) I don't think that the "genericity" of the name is
really a problem.

So, unless there are other hard reasons not to name the project
"Apache Chemistry", I would suggest that the keep the proposed name.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/chemistry-name-overlap (or
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=510143ac0904211503v44767868s5f693dff98cf26c8@mail.gmail.com&forum_name=cdk-devel)

BR,

Jukka Zitting