incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Chemistry
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:18:02 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:15 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> There seem to be quite a few Java projects that relate to Chemistry -
> what if Apache later wants to create its own Chemistry project?

We'll have the same problem if we ever want to introduce a project
that models the behaviour of ants or the dynamics of turbine engines.

Anyway, looking deeper I found "Chemistry Development Kit" [1], a Java
project that already has a clear claim to the name so I guess we need
to keep looking.

[1] http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/cdk/

> If the abbreviation CMIS becomes well-known, then Apache CMIS would be
> a better choice.

I think we've typically avoided naming projects based on the standards
they implement.

BR,

Jukka Zitting