incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Shindig Incubator 1.0
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:37:28 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@sonatype.com> wrote:
>

>> Not mocking, just clarifying that on the aggregate level what is distributed
>> via the standard Apache mechanism easily has its analog source equivalent
>> which can be built.
>>

> Ok, I think we are in general agreement. Are you personally of the
> opinion that -sources.jar are not adequate as formal ASF releases? I
> have the opinion it is currently not, but I don't mind seeing a
> change...

There are changes that can be made to the ASF pom to produce the bundles
that will meet the requirements. These changes will have a better chance
of being made if concerns are brought to the Maven dev team. I just now
learned of the month long discussion on legal-discuss via this thread in
incubator.