incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shanti Subramanyam - PAE <Shanti.Subraman...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Olio 0.1
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:05:23 GMT
On 04/22/09 10:35, sebb wrote:
> On 16/04/2009, Shanti Subramanyam - PAE <Shanti.Subramanyam@sun.com> wrote:

>> -

>> Since we
>> might
>>>>
>>> But why are they in the binary rails jar, rather than in just the source
>> jar?
>>>
>>  There is no difference between the source and binary code for rails (or php
>> for that matter) since these are interpreted languages. The only difference
>> between the source and binary packages of Olio is the geocoder and workload
>> - these are written in Java so the binary packages have the OlioDriver.jar
>> and geocoder.jar and the source packages have the corresponding source dirs.
>
> That does not explain why the diffs and patch files are present in the
> binary jar, because as far as I can tell they are not intended to be
> interpreted by rails.
>
> Are they actually *needed* at run-time?

I really don't know. As I said, there is no concept of 'binary' for
scripting languages - the source is the binary. I will try and
investigate this matter for the next release if it's not a major problem
to leave them here for now.

>> it
>>>>
>>> What about the event.pdf file?
>>>

>>  This is a resource file used by the web application. If you notice there
>> are several image files as well - these are all static files used by the web
>> app.
>
> What about the license for the event.pdf file? Is that also AL licensed?

All the resource files are created as part of the apache project, so
they are all Apache licensed.