incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shanti Subramanyam <Shanti.Subraman...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Olio 0.1
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:48:58 GMT
Thank you very much for your very prompt review.
Answers to your questions below.

Shanti

sebb wrote:
> The OlioDriver.jar file contains a smaller OlioDriver.jar file.
> This is very confusing; one of the jars should be renamed.

This is the format of the Faban (http://faban.sunsource.net) Driver jar
- the user never has to do anything with it as the tool will
automatically unjar and put everything in it's right place.
> The binary olio file contains several .patch and .diff files. These
> don't seem correct for a binary file. What is their purpose?

These files are part of the 3rd party plugin fixture_replacement2. Since
we tend to include 3rd party code as is (for easier upgrade),  I think
it might be better to leave them as they are.
> The source PHP file contains several jars; I would expect these to be
> in the binary archive only. It also contains the file "event.pdf"
> which does not seem to belong in the archive (or indeed in SVN).

These are third-party jars. They are included as a convenience to make
it easier to build and run the source.

Shanti