incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache Mashup
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:21:51 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on Apache ServiceMix and I think that an enterprise mashup
tool can be a great complement to the ESB.

Apache Mashup can be a tool that combines :
- presentation mashup: provides mashup widgets in a widget container. It
can implement the eWidget IBM norm (there is not JCP norm for now around
this) and generates portlet from these widgets. The widget container is
a Web2.0/AJAX application hosting MAR (Marshup ARchive).
- data mashup: extract data from resources (from a "standard" HTML
website from exemple) and exposes it as a service in ServiceMix (that
can be exposed in WebService, etc). From a ServiceMix point of view,
it's a ServiceEngine.
- process mashup: combines ServiceMix and ODE to create a new data
mashup from existing one.

What do you think on that ?

I would like to have your feedback (from a general point of view and
from ServiceMix team point of view) before submitting a formal proposal.

Regards
JB