incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing site
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:10:17 GMT
On 30/04/2009, Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:35 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On 28/04/2009, Gavin <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
>  >> Hi All,
>  >>
>  >>  I checked out Incubator site.
>  >>  Before doing any changes at all I thought I'd build the site and see if all
>  >>  is well.
>

> so did i
>

>  >>  So, whats the deal with all those changes?
>  >
>  > Just checking - are these "real" changes, or just whitespace or EOL changes?
>

> i find a lot of charset related changes. i think this must be related

Any examples?

>  to the upgrade to anakia and the change to UTF-8. i'm on linux.
>
>  any ideas?

I've not seen that with Apache site.

Just wondering if it might be related to svn:mime-type ?
Does SVN correctly handle charsets if the mime-type is not set up?

May be completely off-base, but SVN has to process the files in order
to deal with EOL correctly, and this almost certainly requires
processing the file as a character stream rather than bytes.