incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Champion needed for new workflow project proposal
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 21:00:29 GMT
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM, sasaboy <sasaboy@prozone.rs> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> don't think CLA will be the problem. Althouth a mature project, the core
> and
> all the main components of the engine are written by the core
> developers...the community mostly helped by contributing different
> implementations of some other components and by giving ideas for the
> improvement of the core functionallity.

I don't mind championing you but as mentioned by others, there will be
several hurdles to overcome. To change the license, you will have to get an
agreement from everybody who ever contributed a patch to the source you plan
to incubate, even for a minor bug fix. I don't know how painful that would
be in your case.

If you want, we can also discuss having ODE acting as your sponsor. I'd just
like to have more people of ODE included in the discussion so if we could
discuss at least that part on dev@ode.apache.org, that'd be swell.

Cheers,
Matthieu