incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a new incubation
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:11:35 GMT
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Alexander Veit <alexander.veit@gmx.net> wrote:

>> Sounds like RMI is probably not the best comparison point. How does
>> Jaffre differ from XML-RPC? Are there potential synergies with
>> projects like http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/?
>
> I'm not familiar with XML-RPC. The Jaffre wire format is binary (serialized
> Java objects). But apart from this, I believe, they're quite similar.

It should be noted, that Apache XML-RPC exceeds the standard in a
manner which would allow to use POJO's. However, that's not the
primary target, so it is likely that your code is simpler to handle.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)