incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Log4PHP going again.
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:14:16 GMT
>> We should concentrate in PHP5 and for this we need helping hands and a bit time.
>
> I am not a PHP guy at all, but AFAIUI (only from the package
> resolution issues in Debian) the PHP4 and PHP5 is incompatible and
> that a port require substantial work.

Incompatibility is true when running PHP4 and PHP5 in the same apache
instance. But PHP4 syntax runs with a PHP5 interpreter (mostly - just
a few issues). However, current codebase cannot run in PHP4 since some
classes allready have PHP5 syntax while some others are not.

> I support the idea of get going again, and can volunteer a Mentor role
> (thanks to Etch and Pivot being excellent podlings and require little
> time now). I can also assist in patch application, but can't review
> the code per se...

Thanks!
Gav can help with reviews i guess and I allready wrote lots of PHP
code. Hopefully code comes allready in with a good condition.

Cheers,
Christian