incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Dixson <dixs...@gmail.com>
Subject [vote] Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating (second attempt)
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:54:31 GMT
Here are new package versions for apache-etch-1.0.2-incubating. A
DISCLAIMER.txt is now included...

>From the original vote request...

>  Ok folks I believe we have our first Apache release candidate for Etch: apache-etch-1.0.2-incubating.
>
> With this release we have updated all of the licensing/headers for the project to meet
Apache standards, fixed a few bugs and validated under Windows, OS X and Linux (Ubuntu).

>  Complete listing of what was fixed is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310835&fixfor=12313456
>
>  We *have not* in 1.0.2 changed the package names from "etch" to "org.apache.etch", that
change will be in our next release, apache-etch-1.1-incubating, which will be ready for
>  release in another 2-3 weeks. We did not change the package names to maintain compatibility
for folks running the pre-apache 1.0.x releases who are only interested in bug-fixes.

>  We have met the threshold for committer votes in the following threads:
>
>    http://n2.nabble.com/-vote--Release-1.0.2-td2294748.html
>    http://n2.nabble.com/-vote--Release-1.0.2-(second-attempt)-td2360187.html
>

>  The candidate files can be found here:
>     http://people.apache.org/~dixson/apache-etch/1.0.2-incubating/
>
>  Each file has a MD5, SHA1 and a Signature.
>
>  Finally, the output from RAT is also included in the "*-rat-output.txt" file.

---
james