incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: If you're not interested in Java and MySQL Cluster, you can stop reading now...
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:45:21 GMT
Craig Russell wrote:

> the MySQL Cluster code is currently licensed strictly as GPL/
> Commercial. I'm working with the MySQL product folks on changing the
> license to be similar to the other MySQL connectors (waiving the GPL
> terms when used with approved open source licenses).

You should work with the Legal team.  Background: when I had approached
our legal advisors (pre-Legal team) regarding the FOSS exception, I was
told (I can probably dig up the original e-mails if necessary) that it was
not sufficient, and thus we could not ship the GPL MySQL JDBC driver.

> The plan is to license all of the ClusterJ code under the Apache
> license except for the code that actually invokes the NDB Cluster APIs
> (which is a very small part).

What good is ClusterJ without that last bit?

To be clear, I'm interested, just concerned about the licensing issues.

	--- Noel