incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: March 2009 Incubator Board Report
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:18:14 GMT

On Mar 16, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Hi,
>> = Log4php =
>> Log4php failed to report.
>> Log4php has been in the Incubator since 2004, and was retired once
>> already,
>> then reviewed by new interest appeared.  Reviewing the mailing
>> list, Log4php
>> appears to still be very much a one person project, with Christian
>> Grobmeier
>> as the sole participant.  I see no sign of a user community, nor a
>> developer
>> community.  Is there any thought on what should be the discposition
>> of the
>> project?  Apache Labs?  Something else?
> as allready said, I tried to get contact to Log4PHP. The only one who
> responded is one of the mentors. But besides that, some other people
> mailed me (directly, unfortunatly) and claimed that they tried to
> commit patches, but never get heard by any developer.
> I strongly believe that log4php CAN have a community, but must do lots
> of codework.

I would love to see log4php get more traction, but when a
mentor (myself) is the only person attempting to keep the
project going, it's not good.

I would encourage any potential developers to contact me directly,
and I will "drive thru" and fast-track their involvement in
the podling... I say we give it 3 more months and then,
if it fails to reboot, we close it down as a podling.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message