incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alexander Veit" <alexander.v...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Starting a new incubation
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:25:15 GMT
> Scott Comer (sccomer) wrote:
> Have you looked at apache etch?

Yes, I now have looked at it. It's great.

It seems that Etch has a much broader scope than Jaffre ever will have.

If I understood it right, Etch comes with it's own interface description
language, and let's users the freedom to implement their own wire format. So
it can easily support different platforms and languages. Jaffre, on the
other hand, will probably never be language independent, since it does
neither define it's own IDL nor it's own wire format. It uses Java
interfaces and Java serialization instead.

--
Cheers,
Alex