incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Dixson <dixs...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Etch 1.0.2-incubating
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 01:54:02 GMT

Ok folks I believe we have our first Apache release candidate for
Etch: apache-etch-1.0.2-incubating.

With this release we have updated all of the licensing/headers for the
project to meet Apache standards, fixed a few bugs and validated under
Windows, OS X and Linux (Ubuntu).

Complete listing of what was fixed is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310835&fixfor=12313456

We *have not* in 1.0.2 changed the package names from "etch" to
"org.apache.etch", that change will be in our next release, apache-
etch-1.1-incubating, which will be ready for release in another 2-3
weeks. We did not change the package names to maintain compatibility
for folks running the pre-apache 1.0.x releases who are only
interested in bug-fixes.

We have met the threshold for committer votes in the following threads:

   http://n2.nabble.com/-vote--Release-1.0.2-td2294748.html
   http://n2.nabble.com/-vote--Release-1.0.2-(second-attempt)-td2360187.html

The candidate files can be found here:
    http://people.apache.org/~dixson/apache-etch/1.0.2-incubating/

Each file has a MD5, SHA1 and a Signature.

Finally, the output from RAT is also included in the "*-rat-
output.txt" file.

--
james