incubator-general mailing list archives

From sasaboy <sasa...@prozone.rs>
Subject Re: Champion needed for new workflow project proposal
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:56:54 GMT

Hi,

well, we already wrote this in proposal, but here it is:

* The legal umbrella. There are no outstanding legal issues with Shark, but
the protection that Apache affords is valuable for Shark developers and
users.
* Resolve current potential licensing issues that are addressed in the
Apache 2.0 license, but not in the LGPL license.
* Increase public awareness of Shark and of the application of Apache
licensing.
* Help to attract clients who would feel more comfortable with the licensing
coming through a well known and established organization like Apache
* To get more people involved in the further development of software

Greetings,
Sasa.