incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: pivot copyrights/?/
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:52:30 GMT
Hi all,

I posted this to legal-discuss@apache.org last week, but I thought I would re-post here in
case anyone had any insight. Given that VMware has signed a software grant for the Pivot codebase,
is the project obligated to retain a VMware copyright notice in the source code headers, or
is mention in the notice file sufficient?

Thanks,
Greg

>From: "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com>
>To: <legal-discuss@apache.org>
>Date: March 20, 2009 09:05:43 AM EDT
>Subject: Re: pivot copyrights/?/
>
>Hello,
>
>A question recently came up on the pivot-dev mailing list about copyright notices. One
of the project mentors suggested that, if the code was provided via a software grant, the
original copyright notice should be replaced with the standard Apache header; see below. Is
this correct?