incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to start a new workflow project on ASF
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:12:40 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
> sasaboy wrote:
>> we are hosting Enhydra Shark workflow engine project on ObjectWeb
>> (http://shark.objectweb.org/) and would like to move it to Apache....

Enhydra...fond memories, I was an early user of the Enhydra web
framework back in 1988/89, and some of the apps that I created at that
time are still in use ;-)

> ...My personal, non-official advice:  take the time and go through the
> archives of this mailing list for the past 6 months or so....

Agree with that, and http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ contains lots
of proposals for past projects that you can use as examples.

You're right that you need a sponsoring project (can be the incubator
itself), and two or three ASF mentors.

-Bertrand