incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should be the consequences of missing required Incubator Reports?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:29:47 GMT
> Craig Russell wrote:
>
>> > To me it sounds that the Mentors are sleeping....
>>> Totally agree, it is the mentors responsibility to make sure "their"
>>> podlings submit their reports on time.
>> Totally agree, it is the mentors responsibility to make sure "their"
>> podlings submit their reports on time.

A practical problem with this approach is that reports are submitted
right up to the deadline

> Personally, I see that that people, Mentors included, get overwhelmed,
> caught up, or simply don't get it down.  And communal, collective,
> responsibility is our philosophy.  OK, fair enough, perhaps we can argue
> that the report is a singular exception, as it is for me to deliver each
> month.  In any event, what actions should we take in the event of
> non-report?

Asking the mentors to submit a confidential report (on private)
whenever a report is missed would be reasonable start. To be
practical, would need to pull the report dealine earlier with the
month to give mentors and PMC the chance to create a report on behalf
of the podling.

Robert