incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: The graduation of Buildr and Abdera... + Rant
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 06:37:47 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Garrett Rooney
<rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>> Gang,
>> I think that the Graduation of these two projects have not been 'clean'.
>> Both are still listed as Incubating Projects on projects/index.html,
>> as well as part of the Incubator project navigation.
>> Buildr is not listed in projects on www.apache.org, Abdera is listed there.
>> And neither have updated their STATUS pages to reflect the graduation.
>
> You know, I was going to leave it at a nice "patches welcome", but
> hell with it.  If you're so damn concerned about some web pages not
> getting updated, fix it your damn self.  I've spent more time than I
> actually have right now updating the 9 million little things that have
> to get done when Abdera graduated, and opening my email today and
> hearing that apparently I'm doing a shitty job because I missed some
> of them was not exactly what I had in mind for starting my day.

My mistake to put this in the same mail, because I was not referring
to you, Abdera, Buildr or any of the Mentors of these particular
projects. It just was a trigger of something that has been bugging me
for a long time. Really sorry that you feel it was targeted at you
personal. I assure you it wasn't meant that way.

Cheers
Niclas