incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: UIMA [WAS Re: Suspending Projects]
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:04:07 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Thilo Goetz <> wrote:

<snip reason="user community reported healthy" />

> My pet hypothesis (or maybe I'm just looking for excuses) is
> this: UIMA is heavily used in academia.  Now academics have no
> problems with open source, to the contrary.  But they have an
> overwhelming need to publish and build up a reputation.

Does this have to mutually exclusive??

Can you perhaps contact these individuals one-by-one and get their
view on how they see it. Perhaps ask them to publish their work in
parallel, and perhaps the 'OSS bug' will bite a couple of them??
I don't follow UIMA personally, so I am a bit short on other
suggestions. Perhaps others have better ideas?

-- - New Energy for Java

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message