incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: UIMA [WAS Re: Suspending Projects]
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:43:17 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> We should probably try to find the collective energy to review UIMA
> before the project's enthusiasm is sapped.

That sounds like a healthy observation. My Q for the community is; Do
you have a healthy and diverse set of users? If so, have the UIMA team
looked at "What is stopping these users from becoming contributors?" ?
I could imagine a whole range of reasons, and if that is 'fixed' the
diversity comes with it...
If there is not a user community, then I would be concerned to
graduate the project with the large set of single-employer committers.

Cheers
Niclas