incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Suspending Projects
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:53:49 GMT
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

>> The inertia is enormous, and I personally think that only a drastic,
>> disruptive change of the codebase (i.e. a ver 3.0, similar to what Roy
>> was talking about @ AC-EU-2008) is necessary to get a (not the)
>> community going. Existing codebase is too good, noone wants big
>> changes, people who understand reported bugs are AWOL, and no vision
>> for the future.
>
> i've been observing this for a while and have some ideas.  maybe we
> could all get together for a couple of hours at ApacheConEU.

Mostly due to the financial crisis, I need to cancel my trip to
QCon/ApacheCon, as it eats up too much time and cash. ASF still
benefits from my early registration payment... :-)

But please do get together and see if you can work something out...

Cheers
Niclas