incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: What should be the consequences of missing required Incubator Reports?
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 05:39:37 GMT

On Feb 16, 2009, at 6:58 PM, David Crossley wrote:

> If we keep relying on mentors, then we are not
> training the podlings in the ASF way. We are actually
> training them to leave it all up to someone else.

I believe that while a podling is getting organized (first three
months) it's unlikely that they will "get" reporting, and during that
time, the mentors must step up and show the way.

But I agree that one or more of the podling community needs to want to
take on the responsibilities of chairing the PMC ultimately, and
should not depend on the mentors. One of the criteria for graduation
should be the readiness of the PPMC to become a PMC with all the
reporting that that involves.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com