incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Maven for incubating projects
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 04:19:34 GMT

On 19-Feb-09, at 11:37 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Bob Schellink <sabob1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Seems there was a recent update in policy that incubator projects
>> can be
>> pushed to the central repository?
>>
>> So we can copy Click maven artifacts to
>> '/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/
>> click/'?

Use the Ant tasks to deploy them properly, or if you're using Maven do
a proper release. Do not just copy files into the repository as we're
going to start getting strict. If you have bad poms, invalid
checksums, or missing signatures they will not get synced to central.

> Yes.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance