incubator-general mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: How to start a new workflow project on ASF
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:35:44 GMT
> * you'll need to relicense from LGPL to ASL 2.0, can you have a
> written
> agreement from all the copyright holders (probably all past
> committers)?

At least for JSPWiki this was a fairly big job.  You might want to
look at http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/ApacheRelicensing for the kind of
tracking we did.  In the end, we had to reimplement two software
modules because we couldn't get Software Grants, or the module had so
many authors we didn't know who really owned the copyright on it.  So
be prepared for that.

It is a good idea to start simply by firing off an email to all the
past committers to check if they are even reachable. If you can't
reach most of them, you know you are in trouble :-).

/Janne