incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: remember when each project report is due
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:15:51 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for making Clutch and extending it to make it even better.

On Feb 17, 2009, at 10:41 PM, David Crossley wrote:

> Okay, Clutch now re-generates those files every time
> it runs.
>
> report_due_1.txt is for group-1 (Jan,Apr,Jul,Oct)
> report_due_2.txt is for group-2 (Feb,May,Aug,Nov)
> report_due_3.txt is for group-3 (Mar,Jun,Sep,Dec)
>
> e.g. cat report_due_2.txt
> BlueSky Cassandra Droids ESME Kato Lokahi PDFBox PhotArk Pivot Sling
> Stonehenge VCL WSRP4J XAP
>
> Please say if you want a different format or
> additional text in the files.

What I was thinking is to have email lists generated for each podling,
so email could be sent out to the people who care.

For example, in http://incubator.apache.org/report_due_1.txt I'd like
to see

<Imperius dev list>imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org, <Imperius Mentor
Craig Russell>clr@apache.org, <Imperius Mentor Bill Stoddard>stoddard@apache.org

, <Imperius Mentor Filip Hanik>filip@apache.org, ...

Interim to someone with their own itch to automate email, it would be
easy (for someone) to copy/paste the list of email addresses into a
Marvin-style email subject: Podling reports are due by March 10...

If the information to generate the email addresses is not available in
the form needed, let's see how to make it available, for example
update the STATUS file to include the reminder email addresses.

Craig

> Would you or someone else please handle the cron job
> to send the email.

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!