incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [Kalumet] Preparing source code
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:21:02 GMT
Hi JB,

Procedural things can get really slow here at times due to the
volunteer nature of the ASF. Don't get discouraged by that...

For now you'll need to ping people to look at the proposal, and find
two more mentors. I'd love to be one of them, but I am afraid I will
be AWOL most of the time. I am barely catching up with another project
I am mentoring now. I can sign up as a "backup mentor" I guess, but
you'll need at least one more person who is ready to be more active
for the incubation period.

After you get the mentors on board, you'll start a vote on the
proposal on this list, and after the vote Kalumet will be formally
accepted in the Incubator. There was sufficient interest in the idea,
so I am hopeful you will find the missing mentors. Just give it some
time and keep nudging the community.

Migrating the package names is a bit premature. If you are planning to
make releases in the nearest future, you may want to keep the old
package names, as releasing the code as org.apache.* when you are not
in Apache yet is a bad idea.

Andrus