incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Proposed use of org.apache.wiki name space for JSPWiki
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:26:43 GMT
The JSPWiki podling has encountered a glitch in plans to change the
package name from com.ecyrd.jspwiki (the package name of the donated
code base) to org.apache.jspwiki (the original intent).

Due to a bug in the Apache Tomcat project, the name org.apache.jspXXX
is not usable as a package name. This is documented at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-465

The direction the team is taking is to use org.apache.wiki as the
package name for the project files. You can see the discussion at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-38

Since this is a change from what most folks would expect and a change
from the original intent, I thought I'd see if there were any issues
from anyone in the incubator.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com