incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ** MISSING ** January Incubator Reports
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:00:42 GMT

On Jan 12, 2009, at 8:40 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Where are the reports for BlueSky, Cassandra, Imperius, JSPWiki,
> Stonehenge,
> Lucene.net, Sanselan, Tashi, Thrift, and VCL?  This is unacceptable
> to have
> so many projects disregarding the need to report.

For several months, the practice has been to have podling reports
posted to the wiki by the Wednesday prior to the board meeting, giving
5 days for the IPMC to review the reports and clarify any issues prior
to the IPMC chair posting the report to the board, and then giving the
board 2 days to review and clarify issues.

January 2009 the report says that podlings are expected to have the
wiki updated on Monday. Two issues:

Who decided that the reports are due two days prior to past practice?

Why are we being hectored on Monday when the reports are not even due?

Craig

> At the least, BlueSky, Lucene.net, Olio, and RCF have missed the
> report a
> few times now.  What is their status?  Is it time to look at the
> retirement
> of these projects?  Reports are *not* optional, and the PMC is going
> to have
> to consider what actions are to be taken when they are missed.
>
> JSecurity: I really don't need to go follow URLs into SVN (or
> tracking down
> e-mails as with some others) when assembling the report.  Please
> follow the
> practice of putting your report in the Wiki.
>
> 	--- Noel

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!