incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ** MISSING ** January Incubator Reports
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:25:20 GMT
Les Hazlewood wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
>

>> JSecurity: I really don't need to go follow URLs into SVN (or tracking down
>> e-mails as with some others) when assembling the report.  Please follow the
>> practice of putting your report in the Wiki.
>>

> I'm happy to put it in the wiki and I will do so as soon as I can.

Already done :)
> I did the link because we were modifying the file over the last two
> days.  It didn't make sense to me to change the wiki every time we
> changed the file (all of our reports are in SVN, easily traceable and
> recorded).  Instead, linking to HEAD ensured that the wiki always
> reflected the most up to date and current revision.  I thought I was
> actually acting in the 'wiki spirit' by ensuring that the data never
> had the possibility of getting out of sync, i.e. link instead of
> replicate.

Np. You did what you thought was the best.
> Now if it is Incubator policy that we must use the Wiki for board
> reports, then we'll stop using SVN.  My concern is that I want to
> avoid the possibility of multiple editing places and the potential
> confusion that might arise as a result.

We can still use SVN, but when the report is validated, we simply push
the content into the wiki, as I said in my first mail.
> What is policy?  I'm just trying to learn - thanks for any guidance!

Just as I said : write down the report (either as a simple mail, or in
SVN), and when validated by the team, then push the content to the wiki
(not the link).

At least, we delivered a report in time ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org