incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Cassandra into the Incubator
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:55:50 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:
>
> > There has been some discussion around the Cassandra proposal,
> > and we would now like to officially propose Cassandra to the Incubator
> > for consideration..
>
> > [ ] +1 Accept Cassandra as a new podling
> > [ ] -1 Do not accept the new podling (provide reason, please)
>
> -1 (binding).
>
> I will even give reasons because it is Christmas;
>  a. See Martijn's concern.
>  b. Running vote over Christmas when *many* people are busy with other
> things.
>  c. I would like to see a proposal with more "meat" in it. Some
> history, more elaboration on the various topics that the template
> provides...

Just a different perspective:

 a) I agree with the concern but as Martijn expressed, I'm not sure it
should be a real concern for the vote. If the project dies, so be it. But
clearly a few individuals seem to care so why not giving them a chance?
 b) +1 on this one, it could just be balanced by setting a longer than usual
voting time frame.
 c) I agree although some feedback has been provided on the ML, it could be
nice to bring back some of that in the proposal.

Merry Christmas,
Matthieu