incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [pulse] A lab or an incubator? Was: Lab request: Pulse
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:32:01 GMT
Hi Alexei,

Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>... I wonder what do you think about using Apache labs as a
>>> launching pad for the project. It is hard to guarantee now if it would
>>> be possible to expose enough code to build a self sufficient product....

I also think that a lab is not well suited to your project's scope and
goals - I'm just quoting the above excerpt where you talk about a
"product", and that's not what labs are meant for IMHO, they're meant
for experiments. You also seem to need an issue tracker of your own,
and binary releases - that's not labs.

I would suggest going for the incubator, assuming you can form a small
community of interested people and mentors. If not, starting outside
Apache but with the Apache way of working, and coming back to incubate
a bit later, might be an option.

-Bertrand