incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Maestro
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:56:29 GMT
> So Apache AutoDeploy is already in the race :)

Just reading some of the e-mails in this discussion: from all the
suggested names I have heard AutoDeploy feels the best for me.

I usually feel good when the name of a software is telling me what it
does. If you need to switch to another name, I would feel even better
with "Apache Deployer" instead of "Apache Octopus".  There are several
projects with Deployer in name, but none of them seem to be called
Deployer alone.

Cheers,
Christian

PS: I also developed a software I named octopus before ages :-)