incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Maestro
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:56:29 GMT
> So Apache AutoDeploy is already in the race :)

Just reading some of the e-mails in this discussion: from all the
suggested names I have heard AutoDeploy feels the best for me.

I usually feel good when the name of a software is telling me what it
does. If you need to switch to another name, I would feel even better
with "Apache Deployer" instead of "Apache Octopus".  There are several
projects with Deployer in name, but none of them seem to be called
Deployer alone.

PS: I also developed a software I named octopus before ages :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message