incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: PIWI / PHP Projects in Apache
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 03:37:44 GMT
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure of a TLP called php.apache.org, but having lots of projects
>> written in PHP is a good thing :-)
>
> Since Niclas Hedman pointed out that Apache doesn't want technology
> umbrellas, I am stuck with the idea of scripting.apache.org which
> hosts not only php, but also JRuby, Ruby and other scripting stuff.

It is still an umbrella.

Negative umbrellas are when the Top-Level Project is split into many
smaller communities, where the PMC members are not involved in all,
and at least a large portion of them involved in most of the
sub-projects. So, doing a php.apache.org or scripting.apache.org will
be voted down by many, myself included. The umbrellas that still exist
at ASF are slowly being dismantled.

But this discussion is irrelevant to enter incubation.

Cheers
Niclas