incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <>
Subject Re: PIWI / PHP Projects in Apache
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 03:37:44 GMT
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<> wrote:
>> I'm not sure of a TLP called, but having lots of projects
>> written in PHP is a good thing :-)
> Since Niclas Hedman pointed out that Apache doesn't want technology
> umbrellas, I am stuck with the idea of which
> hosts not only php, but also JRuby, Ruby and other scripting stuff.

It is still an umbrella.

Negative umbrellas are when the Top-Level Project is split into many
smaller communities, where the PMC members are not involved in all,
and at least a large portion of them involved in most of the
sub-projects. So, doing a or will
be voted down by many, myself included. The umbrellas that still exist
at ASF are slowly being dismantled.

But this discussion is irrelevant to enter incubation.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message