incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Maestro
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:02:37 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <> wrote:

> Apache Octopus
> I have made a quick search on the internet and I haven't found any software project with
this name.

Well, that is probably not true; reveals 1.9 million
hits. Of course that doesn't say that they are in anyway related to
what you are doing, nor that it is even software products/projects.
But, claiming "haven't found any software project with this name" is
more telling about your search ability than a fact of life.

What have happened to previous tradition of coming up with good obscure names??

SpretFlinter (zero hits)
Crentacto (one hit)
Bristasse (116 hits)

How hard can it be?