incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation T-Shirts [WAS Re: Qpid graduates as TLP]
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 13:53:10 GMT
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> i often think that we don't really do enough fun stuff on graduation...
>>>
>>> ...maybe we should revive that idea to grant t-shirt licenses...
>>
>> t-shirts and associated merch are an important part of a project for
>> building awareness (I saw someone at a night club on Saturday wearing
>> a beagle t-shirt, which was a little odd). ;)
>
> :-)
>
> the idea would be to get template approval from the PR committee for
> liberal licenses for graduation t-shirts with names to be filled in.
> if people are interested, maybe the proposal could be resurrected...

I misunderstood, that'd be awesome. I was thinking you meant more
generally. It might be a good carrot to get out of the incubator ("no
ASF-mentioning shirts until graduation). Merch profit could be used
for things like the travel assistance program if it was priced above
cost. I believe OpenBSD does something similar.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Have we anything resembling a plan?" "Mm-hm. Ride till we find
them... and kill them all." - The 13th Warrior